Hanna Legal has extensive experience in homicide matters, having appeared in some of Australia’s most high-profile such cases over the last 12+ years.
Our criminal lawyers represent clients charged with all homicide and related offences, including:
- Attempted murder
- Conspiracy to murder
- Solicit person to commit murder
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients facing prosecution for homicide offences. Indeed, we have never lost a murder case.
Our solicitors can assist you through the entire criminal justice process, from the initial police investigation until the conclusion of your case.
- Bail/release applications and detention applications
- Advising on police evidence and relevant law, including Crimes Act 1900
- Developing defence litigation strategies
- Engaging third party experts, such as forensic pathologists, toxicologists, DNA and fingerprint analysts and ballistic analysts
- Drafting representations to the prosecution to withdraw charges
- Plea negotiations with the prosecution
- Briefing barristers with expertise in homicide matters
- Appearing at Supreme Court and District Court trials
- Appearing at sentence proceedings
- Appearing at appeals against conviction and sentence