Hanna Legal has extensive experience in kidnapping matters and we have appeared in many of Australia’s most high-profile kidnapping cases over the last 12+ years.
Our criminal lawyers represent clients charged with all forms of kidnapping offences, including:
- Take/detain with the intention of holding the person to ransom
- Take/detain with the intention of committing a serious indictable offence
- Take/detain with the intention of obtaining any other advantage
- Aggravated and specially aggravated forms of the above offences
- Take/detain child with the intention of removing the child from the lawful control of any person with parental responsibility
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients facing prosecution for kidnapping offences.
Our solicitors can assist you through the entire criminal justice process, from the initial police investigation until the conclusion of your case.
- Bail/release applications and detention applications
- Advising on the prosecution evidence and relevant law, including, the Crimes Act 1900
- Developing defence litigation strategies
- Engaging third party experts, such as fingerprint and DNA analysists
- Drafting representations to the prosecution to withdraw or downgrade charges
- Plea negotiations with the prosecution
- Briefing barristers with expertise in kidnapping matters
- Appearing at Local Court hearings and District Court trials
- Appearing at sentence proceedings
- Appearing at appeals against conviction and sentence