Hanna Legal has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of matters involving the State Parole Authority and Serious Offenders Review Council.
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients with parole matters.
- Appearing at the State Parole Authority on applications for release onto parole, applications contesting the revocation of parole, applications to rescind the revocation of parole, and applications for the reinstatement of Intensive Correction Orders
- Liaising with the State Parole Authority regarding private parole hearings and variations to parole orders
- Appearing at the Serious Offenders Review Council on applications to review protective custody directions and applications to review segregated custody orders
- Liaising with the Serious Offenders Review Council regarding inmate classification and placement
- Corresponding with the Community Corrections and other government entities
- Preparing manifest injustice applications
- Assisting in the preparation of evidence in support of applications
- Engaging psychologists, psychiatrists and other health practitioners to prepare reports in support of applications
- Drafting written submissions in support of applications
- Appeals to the Supreme Court to against decisions of the State Parole Authority
- Briefing barristers with expertise in parole matters
- Advising clients about the operation of the relevant laws, including the Crimes (Administration of Sentences) Act 1999 (NSW) and Crimes Act 1914 (Cth)