Hanna Legal has significant experience in administrative and regulatory law and has appeared in some high-profile administrative law matters over the past 12+ years.
Our lawyers represent clients seeking to challenge the decisions of a wide range of Government and regulatory bodies and agencies.
Our solicitors also advise corporate clients on an array of regulatory matters, including, compliance with the work health safety regulatory regime and various regulatory regimes enforced by Transport NSW and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve outstanding results for clients with administrative law matters.
- Advising clients about the operation of the relevant laws and the prospects of success of potential reviews and appeals
- Applying for internal reviews of decisions to suspend or revoke:
- firearm licences and firearm prohibition orders
- security licences
- hire car authorities and taxi-cab driver authorities
- builder and trade person licences
- Applying for external reviews to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
- Appealing to the Supreme Court seeking judicial review of the decisions of government bodies, such as the State Parole Authority
- Drafting correspondence and submissions in order to attempt to persuade the decision-making body to exercise its discretion in a particular fashion or to reverse its decision (where possible)
- Advising clients about their rights and obligations with respect to various regulatory regimes
- Briefing barristers with expertise in administrative and regulatory law