Hanna Legal has extensive experience in sexual offences, having appeared in some of Australia’s most high-profile such cases over the last 12+ years.
Our criminal lawyers represent clients charged with all forms of sexual offences, including:
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated sexual assault
- Acts of indecency
- Sexual touching
- Observing, filming or distributing images of private or intimate parts or acts
- Obscene exposure
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients facing prosecution for sexual offences.
Our solicitors can assist you through the entire criminal justice process, from the initial police investigation until the conclusion of your case.
- Bail/release applications and detention applications
- Advising on the police evidence and relevant laws, including, the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) and the Summary Offences Act 1988 (NSW)
- Developing defence litigation strategies
- Engaging third party experts, such as DNA analysts, forensic pharmacologists/toxicologists and psychiatrists
- Drafting representations to the prosecution to withdraw charges
- Plea negotiations with the prosecution
- Briefing barristers with expertise in sexual offence matters
- Appearing at Local Court hearings and District Court trials
- Appearing at sentence proceedings
- Appearing at appeals against conviction and sentence