Hanna Legal has vast experience and an impressive track record in appeal matters, having appeared in some of the most high-profile appeals heard in Australia over the last 12+ years.
Our solicitors represent clients in all forms of appellate and review matters, including:
- Appeals from the Local Court to the District Court against conviction and sentence
- Appeals from the Local Court to the Supreme Court in criminal law matters
- Appeals from the District and Supreme Court to the Court of Criminal Appeal against conviction and sentence
- Special leave applications and appeals to the High Court of Australia
- Annulment applications in the Local Court
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients wishing to appeal against or have reviewed a decision made in a lower court or tribunal.
Our criminal lawyers can assist you through the entire appeal process and improve your prospects of success.
- Advising on the process, relevant law, including, the Crimes (Appeal and Review) Act 2001 and the Criminal Appeal Act 1912
- Advising on the prospects of success of the potential appeal
- Obtaining the transcripts, exhibits and judgments
- Briefing barristers with expertise in appellate work
- Appearing at hearings of appeals
- Preparing appeal books for the Court
- Obtaining proposed fresh evidence to be relied on at the appeal