Hanna Legal has extensive experience with matters involving investigatory bodies and commissions, including:
- Compulsory examinations at the NSW Crime Commission
- Public inquiries and private examinations at the Independent Commission Against Corruption
- Inquests and inquiries at the Coroner’s Court
- Compulsory examinations at the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
- Compulsory examinations at the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission
- Public hearings and private examinations at the Law Enforcement Integrity
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to provide meaningful assistance to clients who have been summonsed to give evidence or are otherwise interested parties at compulsory examinations, inquests, inquiries or other hearings involving investigatory bodies.
- Advising clients summonsed to give evidence before an investigatory body about their rights and obligations
- Advising clients directed to produce documents to an investigatory body
- Appearing for clients required to give evidence at examinations, inquiries, etc.
- Drafting written submissions on behalf of clients
- Advising clients on the potential ramifications of the decision of an investigatory body, including, possible criminal charges
- Representing clients charged with giving false or misleading evidence before an investigatory body
For more about our services in relation to proceeds of crime and criminal asset recovery proceedings, see here.
For more about our services in relation to corruption matters, see here.