Hanna Legal has extensive experience in assault and personal violence matters and we have appeared in many of Australia’s most high-profile assault cases over the last 12+ years.
We represent clients charged with all forms of assault offences, including:
- Common assault
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Intentional or reckless infliction of grievous bodily harm
- Intentional or reckless wounding
- Assault or resist police officer
- Domestic violence offences
How we can help
Our experience and expertise enable us to achieve excellent results for clients facing prosecution for assault and violence offences.
Our criminal lawyers can assist you through the entire criminal justice process, from the initial police investigation until the conclusion of your case.
- Bail/release applications and detention applications
- Advising on the prosecution evidence and relevant law, including, the Crimes Act 1900
- Developing defence litigation strategies
- Engaging third party experts, such as forensic pathologists, psychologists and psychiatrists
- Drafting representations to the prosecution to withdraw or downgrade charges
- Plea negotiations with the prosecution
- Briefing barristers with expertise in assault matters
- Appearing at Local Court hearings and District Court trials
- Appearing at sentence proceedings
- Appearing at appeals against conviction and sentence