Hanna Legal has an outstanding record when it comes to getting our clients released from custody. Your freedom is paramount and it can also impact on the preparation of your defence. Whatever the nature or seriousness of the charge, our lawyers will fight to ensure your freedom.
Our criminal lawyers regularly appear in release applications and detention applications in all criminal jurisdictions, including the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court, Court of Criminal Appeal and Children’s Court.
Our solicitors represent clients in all forms of bail matters, including:
- Release applications (also known as “bail applications”)
- Applications to vary bail conditions
- Detention applications brought by the prosecution, including, applications brought under section 22B of the Bail Act 2013
- Applications for bail to be dispensed with
- Advising on the process and relevant law, including, the Bail Act 2013
- Negotiating with the police for them to grant you bail at the police station
- Drafting and filing release applications
- Preparing supporting material, such as affidavits, surety evidence and proposed bail conditions
- Drafting written submissions
- Appearing on all applications relating to bail
- Briefing barristers with expertise in bail
- Assisting clients to meet pre-release bail conditions, such as lodging security